Petroleum Center Bridge Closed to vehicle traffic.
Petroleum Center bridge is open to bicycle and pedestrian traffic.
PennDOT has put the bridge on it's list of bridges that need to be replaced.
There is no date set for the replacement.
It is estimated that it will be several years before the bridge is replaced.
Detour signs have been placed on Rt 8 and Rt 227 to direct visitors.
Follow the Petroleum Center Road detour signs to East Side locations.
DCNR and PennDOT will be working to keep the park usable by visitors.
- Park Office
- Cross Country Ski Area (also hiking trails)
- Egbert Farm Day Use Area
- Delayed Harvest Fishing
- Oil Creek Bike Trail (South Trail Head)
- Gerard Hiking Trail (east side including Cow Run Sheleters)
- Blood Farm Day Use Area
- Gerard Hiking Trail (west side including Wolfkiel Shelters)
- Wild Cat Hollow Group Camping
- Wild Cat Hollow Environmental Education Center
- Petroleum Center Train Station Visitors Center
Points north of Petroleum Center are still open
Egbert Farm Day Use Area (Petroleum Center) will be closing at some point the summer of 2024 for bike trail construction.
An extension of the bike trail south from Petrolium Center will be constructed during the summer of 2024.
The bike trail north is still open.
The share the road trail south of Petroleum Center is also open.